American Choral Festival
Friday, April 22, 2022
Produced by Choirs of America, the American Choral Festival series represents an evolution in choral festival programming and education. We truly hope you and your choir will consider joining us for this event!
- Early access to newly commissioned music written by COA’s Composer-in-Residence especially for our 2022 programs
- Rehearsal notes from COA’s Composer-in-Residence, and Artistic Director, Christopher Scott Olin, relating to massed choir repertoire for the recording session (new piece), festival logistics, adjudication details, etc.
- Detailed festival schedule provided to each participating choir
- Adjudicated performance
- On-stage performance review (pre-clinic) – time permitting
- Written comments and ratings from all three adjudicators per COA’s criterion-referenced rubric
- Detailed, one-hour clinic with one of COA’s world-class adjudicator/clinicians
- Scheduled observational opportunity to watch another choir perform
- xChange workshop (sing for other choirs from across the country… and vice-versa)
- Pen To Podium workshop: Journey from pen to podium with our Composer-in-Residence. Engage your singers in the creative process and industry of composition from start to finish with a newly commissioned work for choir!
- Professional collaborative pianist, and supporting instrumentalist (per repertoire), for rehearsal and recording session
- Professional audio recording of adjudicated performance and PREMIERE! Recording Session
- Commemorative plaque for each ensemble with Director’s name and the name of the ensemble
- Commemorative event t-shirt and/or sweatshirt with ensemble name from Choral Gear (www.choralgear.com)
- Concert photos (available post-concert for purchase online)
Festival Inclusions (pre-festival):
Festival Inclusions (April 22, 2022):
Festival Inclusions (post-festival):
Optional Festival Add-Ons (additional cost):
Festival Rate:♬ Performer Rate: $95.00 per person ♬ Directors and Chaperones: Free
Optional Festival Add-Ons:♬ Event t-shirt with ensemble name: $26.00 each ♬ Event sweatshirt with ensemble name: $45.00 each
**”Pen To Podium” is a COA original program that gives your choir the opportunity to work with a known composer. During the event, participating choirs will sing for each other, talk about the creative process, and discuss the lyrics / poetry integral to the song, the music and everything else that went into the composition(s) to be performed. Then, in massed choir format, the participating choirs will rehearse the piece, followed by a massed choir recording session led by COA’s Composer-in-Residence.