NYC + Carnegie Hall
The 2019 COA Nationals for Top Choirs combines high magnitude music education experiences with world-class faculty… capped off with an amazing massed choir event in Carnegie Hall.
- Master Conductor: Sandra Snow
- Massed Choir Concert in Carnegie Hall’s Stern Auditorium
- Spotlight Performances in Carnegie Hall (for Qualifying Choirs)
- All Choir World-Premiere Finale from COA’s Composer-in-Residence: Jake Runestad
- Adjudicated Performances
- Full Clinics with COA Master Clinicians
- Teaching Faculty: Anthony Tracek-King, Cameron LaBarr, Kristina Casewell-MacMullen
- xChange – A Meeting of Voices (Sing for Other Choirs… and Vice-Versa)
- Broadway 101 Workshop
Friday, March 15, 2019
Today, “Primary Ensembles” from each participating Choral Program will benefit from an adjudicated performance of their own repertoire, followed by an engaging, one-hour clinic for the entire Choral Program with one of COA’s Clinician Adjudicators (Anthony Tracek-King
, Cameron LaBarr
, Kristina Casewell-MacMullen
). Everyone will also enjoy a scheduled Observational Opportunity (watching another choir perform), along with engaging workshops for ALL participants. Scheduled workshops include:
- xChange – A Meeting of Voices (during which choirs from across the country interact with and sing for each other)
- Broadway 101 Workshop (join our Broadway faculty for an engaging, energetic event)
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Today, the COA National’s Master Conductor, Sandra Snow
, takes over for fun and educational Massed Choir Rehearsals.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
This evening, all Participating Choirs will perform during an awe inspiring Prism Concert at the world-famous Stern Auditorium in Carnegie Hall. During the Concert, choral programs bringing 45 or more Singers will also qualify automatically for a “Spotlight Performance Opportunity”… and ALL participants will enjoy the Massed Choir Performance… complete with a Tutti Finale World Premiere from Jake Runestad
. It will be spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime event!