NYC + Carnegie Hall
The 2019 COA Nationals for Top Choirs combines high magnitude music education experiences with world-class faculty… capped off with an amazing massed choir event in Carnegie Hall.
- Master Conductor: Eugene Rogers
- Massed Choir Concert in Carnegie Hall’s Stern Auditorium
- Spotlight Performances in Carnegie Hall (for Qualifying Choirs)
- Special Guest Appearance by the Riverside City College Singers under the direction of John Byun
- All Choir World-Premiere Finale from COA’s Composer-in-Residence: Stacey V. Gibbs
- Adjudicated Performances
- Full Clinics with COA Master Clinicians
- Teaching Faculty: Rollo Dilworth, Tim Sharp, John Byun
- xChange – A Meeting of Voices (Sing for Other Choirs… and Vice-Versa)
- Broadway 101 Workshop
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Each participating Choral Program will have the option of designating “Subsidiary Ensembles” for adjudicated performances of their prepared music during the first day of the COA Nationals. Following each performance, COA Nationals Adjudicators will give detailed, on-stage performance reviews.
Friday, April 12, 2019
Today, ensembles from each participating Choral Program will benefit from an adjudicated performance of their own repertoire, followed by an engaging, one-hour clinic for the entire Choral Program with one of COA’s Clinician Adjudicators (Rollo Dilworth
, or Tim Sharp
). Everyone will also enjoy a scheduled Observational Opportunity (watching another choir perform), along with engaging workshops for ALL participants. Scheduled workshops include:
xChange – A Meeting of Voices (during which choirs from across the country interact with and sing for each other)
Broadway 101 Workshop (join our Broadway faculty for an engaging, energetic event)
Saturday, April 13, 2019
The COA National’s Master Conductor, Eugene Rogers
, takes over today for fun and educational Massed Choir Rehearsals.
Following rehearsals, all Participating Choirs will perform during an awe inspiring Prism Concert at the world-famous Stern Auditorium in Carnegie Hall. During the Concert, choral programs bringing 45 or more Singers will also qualify automatically for a “Spotlight Performance Opportunity”… and ALL participants will enjoy the Massed Choir Performance… complete with an All-Choir Finale from Stacey V. Gibbs
. It will be spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime event!