2017 COA Nationals for Top Choirs
NYC + Carnegie Hall
March 23-25, 2017
(Sold Out – Waitlist Started)
The 2017 COA Nationals for Top Choirs combines high magnitude music education experiences with world-class faculty… capped off with an amazing massed choir event in Carnegie Hall.
- Master Conductor: Z. Randall Stroope
- Massed Choir Concert in Carnegie Hall’s Stern Auditorium
- Spotlight Performances in Carnegie Hall (for Qualifying Choirs)
- All Choir World-Premiere Finale from COA’s Composer-in-Residence: Z. Randall Stroope
- Adjudicated Performances
- Full Clinics with COA Master Clinicians
- Master Clinicians: Pearl Shangkuan, Tim Sharp, Karen Kennedy, Tesfa Wondemagegnehu
- Choral Exchanges (Sing for Other Choirs… and Vice-Versa)
- PREMIERE! New Music Workshop
♬ “Early Bird” Participant Rate* (Festival Only): $199.00 per person
♬ Directors and Chaperones (up to 1 per 10): Free
♬ Bonus Day for Subsidiary Ensembles: Free
* Early Bird rate valid for all choral programs with application and $500.00 non-refundable deposit in to COA by May 20, 2016. Rate for programs applying / depositing after May 20, 2016 will be $249.00 per participant.
Thursday, March 23, 2017Each participating Choral Program will have the option of designating “Subsidiary Ensembles” for adjudicated performances of their prepared music during the first day of the COA Nationals. Following each performance, COA Nationals Adjudicators will give detailed, on-stage performance reviews.
Friday, March 24, 2017Today, “Primary Ensembles” from each participating Choral Program will benefit from an adjudicated performance of their own repertoire, followed by an engaging, one-hour clinic for the entire Choral Program with one of COA’s Clinician Adjudicators (Karen Kennedy, Tim Sharp, Pearl Shangkuan, Tesfa Wondemagegnehu). Everyone will also enjoy a scheduled Observational Opportunity (watching another choir perform), along with engaging workshops for ALL participants. Scheduled workshops include:
- XChange – A Meeting of Voices (during which choirs from across the country interact with and sing for each other)
- PREMIERE! New Music Workshop (an engaging, energetic rehearsal of our newly commissioned piece from Z. Randall Stroope)